Overnight Boarding with 24-Hour Supervision
Our overnight boarding service is very different from what you will find at the average kennel. How is it different? Be sure to review our "How to prepare your dog for their boarding stay" below!
- We stay here with your dog overnight, so he is never left unattended. (Are you shopping around? Be sure to ask this question...you'd be surprised how many kennels do not offer this security!)
- We are open for drop-offs and pick-ups between 6:00 AM-10:00 PM every day of the year. We want to make it easy for you to do business with us, and we don't think it's fair to limit your ability to come and go as you please. We will even open early or stay open late for you if you ask!
- We do not charge extra for administering your dog's medication.
- We do not require you to feed your dog a food that he does not normally eat or change his meals just because he is at daycare. That is not good for his tummy! At Gemini, your pup will get the same meals he gets at home, including any supplements. We simply ask you to pre-bag his food into a labeled Ziploc baggie, one bag for each meal. We normally feed the dogs at 6 AM, 12 PM and 5 PM. We can also accommodate diets that require refrigeration or freezing.
- We encourage you to bring your dog's bedding and toys along with him so that he will be more comfortable during his stay.
- Your dog will go outdoors to potty and play...he won't be trapped indoors for days at a time while you're away! Of course, we also have indoor play areas for use during inclement weather; but whenever possible, your dog gets to play outside in the fresh air! We have puppy playground equipment, swimming pools, and shade mats installed for your dog's comfort outside.
- Your dog's day is broken up into periods of playtime and naptime. We rotate your dog from indoors to outdoors for 30 minutes at a time, every other hour, throughout the day. For example, he will play outdoors from 9:00 - 9:30 AM, and then nap in his crate from 9:30 - 11 AM. Then it's back outside from 11 AM - 11:30 AM. This process continues until 10 PM when it's lights out; and yes, the dogs always sleep through the night...
- We offer you the chance to add doggie playgroups to your dog's visit for $22 per day. Your dog will be placed in a playgroup with 3-10 other dogs of the same size, age, and temperament for supervised play sessions. Our staff members are trained to read dog body language, assuring that your dog is safe, happy, and socializing appropriately.
- And please don't worry if you do not want your dog to participate in the play sessions. He still gets just as much time outside as every other dog, he just goes into a separate pen with a ball or a Kong toy.
How to prepare your dog for their boarding stay!
All meals must be labeled completely and stored in proper small containers. We are no longer accepting large bags or containers of food. Each meal must be in a Ziploc bag or any kind of locking bag (no plastic fold over bags) or a single serving container that shuts properly. This applies to all food, cans, and food that needs to be refrigerated. If you already have a container here that we keep at the daycare, you may continue to use this for daycare and boarding. We are making these changes in effort to keep up as organized as possible as our daycare continues to grow. The proper way to label a food bag is in the example below.
Dogs first & last name
AM, NOON, PM
(Any special instructions)
If bags are not labeled correctly or separated by meal there will be a fee for each meal..
- $1 for every bag that we must label or finish labeling
- $2 for every meal we must bag ourselves and label if food is brought in a large container or bag.
- $3 for every meal we must provide
Before their stay, we need to be informed what medications they are on, the dosage and when they receive these medications. Please do not bag or separate these yourselves or place them in the meal bags (even if they are just supplements) as we have our own system to make sure the medications are done correctly. All medications must be in the original pill bottle stating the dog’s info and the prescriber’s instructions. You are welcome to write out any additional instructions for their medications or food, and we will hang it up for the daycare staff to review.
All belongings must be labeled! This is so important! We have a system of keeping all of the dog’s belongings together, but with longer stays bedding and toys may be washed if they are dirtied by water, spilled food, etc.. Labeling things ensures your pup is immediately reunited with his or her belongings after cleaning. All toys, blankets, slow feeders, kongs etc.. must be labeled with a sharpie or embroidery. You are welcome to bring anything you think your pup may want while they are staying with us, as we want their stay to be as comfortable as possible. Some things we do not allow are: any type of bully sticks, raw hide chews, retractable leashes, chain collars & prong collars. This is for your dog’s safety, as we do not want them to accidentally swallow any chews while they are in their crate. As for the prong/chain collars, we are a purely positive daycare, this means our daycare staff is not trained in the use of those particular training tools. We do not want to use them incorrectly, so we do not allow them at our daycare.
ReservationsWe are moving away from taking boarding reservations via phone calls to ensure we have all the correct information we require for their stay. We require all fields to be fully completed on the boarding reservation form on our website. If you are unable to get to a computer to complete the online registration, you may call or contact us via facebook messenger and we will get back to you as soon as possible to make the reservation. As always, we do take in emergency or last-minute boarding drop offs- with these you need to make sure your dog is up to date on rabies vaccines and fecal testing or we unfortunately cannot accept them for boarding. Please allow extra time at drop off for last minute boarding stays; we will have to pull up their file and verify all information.
Drop off/Pick up
With our top priorities being caring for your pups and ensuring they get outside for their playgroups safely and on time please be patient with us at drop off. When you are dropping off be sure to allow enough time to arrive and go over everything we need to know so we can answer each other’s questions completely and go over anything new.
Making your dog's experience fun and safe is our main goal.