Overnight Boarding with 24-Hour Supervision
Our overnight boarding service is very different from what you will find at the average kennel. How is it different? Let's chat:
- We stay here with your dog overnight, so he is never left unattended. (Are you shopping around? Be sure to ask this question...you'd be surprised how many kennels do not offer this security!)
- We are open for drop-offs and pick-ups between 6:00 AM-10:00 PM every day of the year. We want to make it easy for you to do business with us, and we don't think it's fair to limit your ability to come and go as you please. We will even open early or stay open late for you if you ask!
- We do not charge extra for administering your dog's medication.
- We do not require you to feed your dog food that he does not normally eat or change his meals just because he is at daycare. That is not good for his tummy! At Gemini, your pup will get the same meals he gets at home, including any supplements. We simply ask you to pre-bag his food into a labeled Ziploc baggie, one bag for each meal. We normally feed the dogs at 6 AM, 12 PM and 5 PM, but we are happy to adjust to the schedule your dog is used to. We can also accomodate diets that require refrigeration or freezing.
- We encourage you to bring your dog's bedding and toys along with him so that he will be more comfortable during his stay. And we take a detailed inventory, so that we can be sure to return your items to you at checkout.
- Your dog will go outdoors to potty and play...he won't be trapped indoors for days at a time while you're away! Of course, we also have indoor play areas for use during inclement weather; but whenever possible, your dog gets to play outside in the fresh air! We have puppy playground equipment, swimming pools, and shade mats installed for your dog's comfort outside.
- Your dog's day is broken up into periods of playtime and naptime. We rotate your dog from indoors to outdoors for 30 minutes at a time, every other hour, throughout the day. For example, he will play outdoors from 9:00 - 9:30 AM, and then nap in his crate from 9:30 - 11 AM. Then it's back outside from 11 AM - 11:30 AM. This process continues until 10 PM when it's lights out; and yes, the dogs always sleep through the night...
- We offer you the chance to add doggie playgroups to your dog's visit for $20 per day. Your dog will be placed in a playgroup with 3-10 other dogs of the same size, age, and temperament for supervised play sessions. Our staff members are trained to read dog body language, assuring that your dog is safe, happy, and socializing appropriately.
- And please don't worry if you do not want your dog to participate in the play sessions. He still gets just as much time outside as every other dog, he just goes into a separate pen with a ball or a Kong toy.
Making your dog's experience fun and safe is our main goal.
We offer grooming services; ask us when the groomer is available. We also offer nail trims for $10.
Private Training Available
Your pooch can be trained while he is here with us! Private daily training is $30 per day. We'll work on whatever you would like us to...from basic manners to agility practice!
Let us know in advance if you would like to have us train your dog while he's here. We can support your in-class work by practicing with your dog, or we can build his skills and teach him something new!
Your dog will be clicker-trained, which in our opinion, is the fastest and most positive training approach. This is also the most transferable method of training from one person to another. You will be given reading materials and some clicker training exercises to practice with your dog once you return. It will be your responsibility to maintain the training in your dog's daily life. Just as humans do, dogs will revert to old habits if new ones are not maintained. We will be available to help you through the transition process.